Winter Maintenance and Gritting Services in London and Surrey
Winter months are perfect for larger projects, such as tree and hedge reduction.
Unlike butterflies Grass Barbers gardening teams do not hibernate during the Winter season. During this time we serve local, private and commercial clients by offering services that are ideal to be completed during this cold period. Teams are busy with various projects from perennial shrub pruning to large scale site clearance and gritting services all through London and Surrey sites.
After providing luscious greenery all throughout warmer season your garden is tired and might be as drained as you are and requires special treatment. That’s where we come in to provide you with discounted off-season rates with our pre-planned schedules and super efficient services to get your outdoors into shape during Winter months.
Not everyone has time or energy to get that overgrown hedge reduced, especially when you need a chainsaw and a wood chipper. Then, it is suggested, to apply mulch or compost, which helps to improve shallow soil conditions. Winter months also is a good time to lift canopies of these matures trees around your house.
If your garden is turning into a woodland or looks pretty much like a wild flower meadow and budget is your concern, we would suggest to get in touch with us as early as possible. As typically the earlier we can book you in for Winter season, the better the price will be.
Shrub Pruning Services
How to care after your shrubs during Winter
- Rose pruning services to remove dead, diseased and damaged wood
- Dogwood pruning to promote young, new growth of beautiful shrub
- Deadheading flowers to promote healthier blooms next season
- Mulch application to control weeds, moisture and protect plants from frost bite
- Shrub height reduction to allow better air circulation and more sunlight
- Bulb planting, which allows your garden to blossom early in the season
- Leaf clearance, which is usually required due to heavy Autumn fall
- Hand weeding and residual herbicide application – no weeds for up to 9 months
- Integration of irrigation systems to prepare for dry Summer days
Lawn Care Services
How to look after your lawn during Winter season
- Leaf clearance from all lawn areas helps promote healthy lawn growth
- Collection of fallen tree branches and debris prevents further damage to grass
- Improvement of soil condition prevent water logging and soil compaction
- Clean cut lawn edges top stop weeds growing into borders and pavements
- Lawn aeration improves drainage and reduces soil compaction
- Dealing with worms and moles allows to have smooth lawn during warm season
- Cutting back the plants allows to reduce shade and promotes healthier growth
- Controlled algae ensures beautiful lawn, especially in wet and shady areas
Winter Gritting Services
Better safe than sorry. Grit your pavements.
- Snow clearance service for private and public roads
- Mechanical and manual slow clearance
- Gardeners at heart, we ensure no damage is caused to plants during gritting
- 24/7 winter weather conditions forecast monitoring services
- Support to your Winter risk strategy and accident avoidance
- Single and multi site Winter gritting and snow clearance services
- Supply of salt as well as refill of salt bins
- Constant updates and monitoring through latest technology
Save money now and long term…
Do I really need Winter garden maintenance?
If you are landlord, which has allocated the budget for your property garden maintenance, however all warm season prices tend to be over your budget, Grass Barbers garden Winter maintenance is definitely for you. We provide off-season services coupled with off-season prices, this means that you, as a customer, is able to take advantage of discounted pricing by pre-booking your garden clearance in advance.
By scheduling your bigger project for Winter you save twice. The first saving comes due to Grass Barbers off-season pricing and another saving drops in Spring, when you don’t have to spend a huge amount to prepare your outdoors for the warmer days. Maintaining your garden during Winter months helps to reduce weed regeneration, improves soil conditions. By keeping your garden trimmed it allows more sunlight to get through, which in turn reduces moss and algae .
How does Winter maintenance service work…
What typically happens during a Winter visit?
- Leaf collection, which improves general soil hygiene
- Tree safety checks to prevent hazards due to damaged branches after leaf fall season
- Shrub beds and lawn areas are cleaned from fallen trees and other debris
- Deciduous trees and shrubs are pruned, planter or transplanted if required
- All faded herbaceous perennial flowers are cut back
- Any deadwood or weeds found on site is cleared and removed
- Mulch applied around the plants and flowers, which helps to reduce weeding during next season
- General soil condition is improved, which helps to avoid waterlogging in your garden