Hedge Trimming and Shaping Services in London and Surrey
Received a complained from local council? Are you a landlord looking to improve experience for your tenants? Give us a call and we will advise you free of charge.
When it comes to overgrown hedge trimming and reduction, precision is key. Our teams are trained professionals and specialise in dead hedge removal, overgrown bushes and hard to reach hedge cutting. With over 10 years experience in residential and commercial hedge maintenance you can rely on Grass Barbers to carry out any formal hedge trimming, whilst taking your instructions into consideration.
Being a licensed chainsaw and wood-chipper operators we are able to complete all hedge cutting projects efficiently and cost-effectively every time. As well as hedge reduction services we also offer topiary trimming services for pot plants, garden hedges or window boxes all around London and Surrey.
We are aware that hedge trimming is often required in extreme circumstances and we value our customers time, therefore all hedge trimming services are treated with priority during season. By keeping your hedges in check you will avoid disputes with neighbours, local councils and highway authorities.
The biggest issue caused by overgrown hedge is traffic or pedestrian pathway obstruction and according to new High Hedges Legislation, owners have to reduce it below 6.5ft (2m) in order to be compliant. Don’t wait till you face a fine from authorities and give us a call for a FREE advice and we will do the best we can to come up with financially sensible hedge trimming service for you.
Should you trim your hedge yourself or hire someone? The options…
Option 1 - Trim the hedge yourself
- It usually can be shaped using electric hedge trimmer, however only low front is accessible
- Once you master it, you can help out a neighbour as well
- You can get your family involved and keep those grandsons busy
- You can learn how to shape hedge into any shape or form, such as giraffe
- Working with high hedges can be dangerous and once you add sharp cutter it gets seriously dangerous
- Pruning tools have to be sharpened frequently as blunt blades can cause tearing and diseases
- If your hedge is near the main road or pathway you might require safety barriers and signs
- Knowledge is required how to correctly trim and shape the hedge to avoid damaging it
- All that waste produced by hedge trimming will have to be dispensed at your own cost
Option 2 - Hedge Trimming Van and Man
- Huge choice everywhere, easily reachable any time of day via mobile number
- They typically have low hourly rates, which could be short term money saving option
- They might be will be willing to work during a rain or even storm
- Due to lack of work they might be able to show up at short notice for one-off jobs
- If you ask them to fix your fence or change a lightbulb, they most likely will have a go at it (even if they have never done it before)
- Cheap service usually means a compromise on quality and rushing through the job
- They might not take public safety and your property liability seriously
- Usually leaves trimmings on top of hedges due to poor quality standards
- There are different procedures to different types of hedges and many low cost gardeners don’t know this
- There machinery might not be well maintained due to cost cutting
- High probability of leaving job half done as there is no real brand behind the service
Option 3 - The proper way. Hire a real business!
- Professional appearance, reliable and punctual attitude towards every job
- Fully trained, experienced and passionate gardens, from local community
- Hedge trimming procedure is always followed as guidance to best possible quality cut
- Knowledge in local diseases and free advice how to avoid them later on
- Latest hedge shaping equipment, which is regularly serviced and kept in check
- Experienced topiary maintenance and shaping
- Fully licensed and insured for all hedge trimming operations
- Might be a bit more expensive due to contributions to government taxes
- Not always willing to undercut other competitors by completing work at lower standards
- Professional equipment might sometimes be noisier than hobbyist cutters
It comes at a price…
Is hedge trimming expensive in London and Surrey?
Whether you require a seasonal garden maintenance or a one-off hedge trimming service in London and Surrey we are here to help for an affordable price. Each project is individual and we price according to how complicated and big it is, however to give you an idea – it will cost £51.55 per hour.
You might ask why such an odd price… It’s because we believe in saving every penny for our clients and by making our services more efficient through constant innovations we continue decreasing our prices even it means 10p at the time.
Other hedge trimming companies round prices up to make more profits and we want to be as efficient as possible whilst keeping our profit margins tight to allow natural business growth and innovation. Hiring Grass Barbers for grass cutting or hedge maintenance service you can be sure you get the best value for you money every time.
How we carry out hedge trimming…
What typically happens during a visit?
- Careful site inspection including high quality photographic evidence for evaluation
- All the litter and other debris is cleared from inside the hedges as the hedge is usually full of litter, especially if it’s near main road
- Correct hedge height is chosen by taking location, plant species and time of year into consideration
- Markings are made to required width and height
- The hedges are trimmed to not only give plant a shape, but also to promote healthy growth
- All arisings are cleared from the top and surrounding surfaces
- Hedge fertiliser is applied when and if required