About West Wickham
West Wickham is a residential suburban area in South London, administered by London Borough of Bromley Council. West Wickham is a historic town, dating back to 1066 and it predates Norman conquest of England. Over 15 000 people live in Bromley where they enjoy excellent transport links to Central London and Hayes in Ken. Plenty of green open spaces surround the area for family days out. Good education infrastructure attracts young families with currently four primary schools in the area available for the education of future generations.
Wickham Court is a Grade 1 listed Edwardian house, previously known as a Manor House, which was once in Kent, but now West Wickham is a London Borough. The square brick three storey house was built by Sir Henry Heydon, who later married Anne Boylen, who was a relative of Henry VIII. Later home sold to Lennard family, who opened a hotel. When Sir Lennard emigrated to Canada in 1929, Wickham Court acquired by the army and became army offices and accommodation during the second world war. Wickham court is currently home for Wickham Court Preparatory School educating future generations of West Wickham.
Spring Park, as well as West Wickham Common, is owned by The City of London Corporation. Open spaces are maintained and managed by the local communities to preserve the natural beauty of the landscapes and protect endangered species of fauna and flora. It is an excellent example of how government bodies can join forces with local people to get them involved in the management of the grounds they use themselves. From bluebells to a wood anemone, from bees feeding on the heather flowers to the woodpecker drumming on the tree trunks around the woods, Spring Park provides it with all for natural wildlife fans.
Langley Park Golf Club historically known as Parklangley Golf club opened the gates on 28th May 1910. Subs for the game were 5 Guineas for full playing members, and 2 Guineas for the lady players. Just nine years the next club was renamed to Langley Park, named under the Langley Park Estate, on which new golf course built. The most historic and oldest building of the club is The Langley Mansion. The Langley Park Golf club is a modern-day course now, changed and naturally restructured during the world wars. It is a 120 acres site with stunning views, ponds, fountains and lush greens.